Kid Care Afterschool: PROGRAM 2018-19
Arlington Recreation Dept. is proud to offer this licensed, extended-day program for children in Grades K – 5. The program is held at the Gibbs School, 41 Foster Street. Arlington Kid Care, which is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, follows the Arlington Public School calendar with the following exceptions: it is not open when school closes at mid-day for a vacation period or closes early because of bad weather. Early release days are included as long as you are registered for the respective day.
Update as of February 13, 2018: The program is currently FULL for the 2018-19 school year. Please review the instructions below to be added to the waitlist.
If you are already registered for at least 2 days (our minimum) for the 2018-19 program, but need additional days, please call 781-316-3883 to be added to the ADDITIONAL DAYS Waitlist.
Please register for the NEW STUDENT Waitlist (you will be required to pay the $25 Enrollment Fee before you can be added to this list). Please be sure to review program details and policies below.
- The program is located at the Gibbs School. Children will have time for playing sports and games, music and drama, weekly science experiments, arts and crafts, a quiet space for homework, and a caring staff.
- Students will also have electives to choose from throughout the year.
- Students from all grades will do some activities together.
- We currently accept students (K-5) from Brackett, Dallin, Stratton, Hardy and Thompson. Transportation is provided from these schools.
- We offer 2 - 5 day per week options. (There is a 2-day minimum.)
- The program begins the first day of the school year but is not in session when Arlington Public Schools are closed. We operate from the end of the school day (including early release days) until 6 pm.
- Students from all grades will do some activities together.
- Registration is for the entire year.
Payment and Fees
1. There is a one-time enrollment fee of $25. (The enrollment fee is required to be added to a waitlist.)
2. The tuition payment is broken down evenly for 10 monthly payments:
$224/month for 2 Days
$316/month for 3 Days
$412/month for 4 Days
$504/month for 5 Days
3. The first month's tuition is due when you register. (If you register before April 30, 50% of the first month will be due when you register with the balance automatically charged on 5/1/18).
4. Please note, there is a $100 drop fee for each day dropped prior to November 2018. (For example, if you register for 5 days a week, but drop Mondays and Tuesdays before November, you will be assessed a $200 fee.) You may drop day(s) starting for November without a penalty if the request is submitted by the 15th of the prior month. We will start accepting drop requests beginning in November as long as the request has been submitted by 10/15/2018.
5. There is no penalty to SWITCH days if a more desirable day is available.
6. Monthly payments are through automatic credit card payment only. Monthly billing occurs on or after the 15th of the prior month.
7. Tuition and fees charged are non-refundable.
How Do I Sign Up?
- If you do not already have a household account with Arlington Recreation, please create one and include your information and your child's information.
- Sign up for the Kid Care Afterschool: ENROLLMENT FEE 2018-19 and pay the one-time $25 registration fee. The fee is non-refundable. See Kid Care Afterschool: ENROLLMENT FEE 2018-19 link below.
- Next, follow the steps to register for the Kid Care Afterschool Program on this page. You may chose 2-5 days and you must register for all months.
- 50% of September's tuition is due at this time. The remaining 50% will be automatically charged to the credit card on file on May 1. Please note, tuition is non-refundable.
- Complete the Automatic Monthly Credit Card Payment Form (see below) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, you may call in the information to the Arlington Recreation Department at 781-316-3880.
What is the Billing Process?
All Kid Care Families are REQUIRED to have a credit card on file for automatic monthly billing when the registration is submitted (see FORM below). Tuition is broken down evenly into 10 payments. The first payment, due at the time of registration, is for the first month. Subsequent monthly payments will begin Sept. 15 for the remaining nine months. Payments are automatically withdrawn on or after the 15th of the prior month. Dropping days prior to November will result in a $100 per day dropped penalty. After that, starting for November, changes or withdrawals need to be submitted to email@example.com by the 15th of the prior month.
TUITION AND FEES CHARGED ARE NON-REFUNDABLE - EVEN FOR HOUSEHOLD CREDIT
- Registration will be considered "complete" ONLY when you have paid your enrollment fee, selected the days your child will attend, paid the deposit required for your first month and submitted your Automatic Credit Card Payment Form (see link below). INCOMPLETE REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
- To check availability before you register and pay the $25 enrollment fee, click on "view seats" at the bottom right of this page. (Registration is for the year, so you only need to check the first month listed. For example, to check if space is available on Tuesdays, check the "seats available" count for any Tuesday in the first month listed.)
- If you are already registered for at least 2 days (our minimum) for the 2018-19 program, but need more days, please call 781-316-3883 to register for the ADDITIONAL DAYS Waitlist. There is no fee.
- Otherwise, Please register for the NEW STUDENT waitlist. You will need to first pay the Enrollment Fee. Be sure that you follow all the way through until you "process" your waitlist registration. You will need to enter each day individually. Please review program details and policies first.
- Please note, we always contact you for approval if space becomes available for a day you requested.
- There is no penalty to switch days if a more desirable day becomes available (only to drop days).
- For registration/billing questions, or to change your child's registration, please contact Linda at the Recreation Department at 781-316-3883 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For the Arlington Recreation Department or the Recreation Director, Jon Marshall, please call 781-316-3880 (email@example.com).
Additional Forms and Files: