Track, Ottoson Middle School Team
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Arlington Recreation is teaming up with SK Running Club coaches to offer the Ottoson Track Team again this Spring!
SK Running Club is a division of Sidekick Sports Academy. SK Running Club is a USA Track & Field New England Member Club. SK Running Club coaches are all professionally certified by USATF. Linnea Laverty, Arlington High School Girls' Varsity Track & Field Coach, is a SK Running Club staff member. More info: skrunningclub.com
The program will meet on Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays and will begin on April 10th.
This program is open to runners of all abilities
- The Ottoson track team will meet three times per week featuring one "on-track" practice each week for six week, day tbd. Non-track practices will meet at the Ed Burns Arena and participants will have workouts along the bike path.
- Athletes will learn track and field basics and appropriate warm up, cool down, and stretching techniques to promote total body health and fitness.
- The team members will concentrate on multiple running events and field events, including: the 100m, 200m, and 400m dash; the 800m, 1600m (1-mile) run; multiple relays, long jump, high jump, shot put, discus and javelin.
- The team will celebrate the athletes hard work by running a 5K race in June and individual athletes can also qualify for the Massachusetts Middle School Track and Field Championships held at Clinton High School (Sat, June 3).
- Each athlete will receive an Arlington track singlet.
- Come experience the exciting sport of track and field and represent your school and town with Ponder Pride!